What are funeral disbursements? Disbursements are costs that are out of the control of the Funeral Director and have to be paid to a third party.
So – What are funeral disbursements? The following items are examples of disbursements
- Cremation fee – this is the cost of the cremation itself.
- Burial fees –
- Grave fee -the fee for the purchase of a grave.
- Grave opening fee- this is the fee for the opening of a grave purchased or a grave already purchased.
- Interment fee
- New grave fee.
- Doctors certificates- Doctors fees- a two part form that is required by law to be completed by two doctors in order for a cremation to take place (this fee is not applicable if the death is being dealt with by the coroner).
- Minister fee – a fee for the minister to take a funeral service.
- Newspaper notice – announcement to be published in the newspaper